FTC: Affiliate Disclosure Links may pay commission
Garmin Index Blood Pressure Measurement Cuff – Soon?
via: @JohnW, thank you
It looks like Garmin is about to release an upper arm (bicep) cuff called Garmin Index BPM and it will take your blood pressure readings and store them on your Garmin app.
Systolic and diastolic measurements will be shown on a digital display and the cuff will operate like many other competitors ie with an inflatable cuff.
- Links and syncs to Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM)
- Also syncs over WiFi (like the Index S2 SmartScale)
- Reading shown in GCM, report available to show 3rd parties (eg doctor)
- Stores BP trends
- Possibly supports multiple, named users with a guest mode.
- Manually entered readings allowed
- Might support averaging over 3 consecutive readings.
Garmin is probably due to refresh the Index Smart Scale as the S2 model that I have was always in need of some love even though it was only released just over 2 years ago. So it was a bit of a surprise to see that instead, Garmin could be entering Blood Pressure measurements for the first time. Whilst this product is linked to fitness, the biggest number of buyers by far will be in the general wellness space.
Good luck to them.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links may pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.